There are times you cannot go out shopping or, like now, are quarantined. So what do you do? Rummage through your pantry or refrigerator and start being creative with the stuff that you do have. What I found in the refrigerator were large salad tomatoes and the other stuff came easy!
The secret here is the large salad tomatoes; they are sweet and do not need to be cooked a long time; in fact only for about 5 minutes.
Pasta with Fresh Tomato and Anchovy
Quick and easy pasta meal, ready in 30 minutes. The secret here is the large salad tomatoes; they are sweet and do not need to be cooked a long time; in fact only for about 5 minutes.
- 250 grams spaghettini (uncooked)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ kilo large salad tomatoes - remove stem, slice in half and remove seeds, and cut into large dice
- 5 - 6 pieces of anchovies - finely chop
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 1 large onion cut into quarter moons
- 10 pieces of green seeded olives - cut into 3 rounds each
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning or 5 fresh basil leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese for topping about ½ cup
Boil water for pasta.
In a heavy bottom saucepan, over medium low fire, pour in olive oil.
Then add the garlic and saute till the garlic is a very light tan.
Then add the anchovies and then the onions and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
The add the tomatoes, olives, ground pepper, and Italian seasoning and salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
While waiting for the sauce to be cooked, cook the pasta according to the instructions in the packet.
As soon as the pasta is drained, add the pasta to the sauce, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes then serve.
Top with cheese and enjoy.