When my mother first became aware of sour cream and anchovy, she must have read in some cook book, that you can make a dip with it. This kind of dip is not very popular, but my family just gobbles it up. It’s good with CHIPS and with vegetables (crudités). From my mother’s original recipe, as usual, I have toyed with it and added an ingredient or two to make it a bit more yummy. This goes so well with chips when you just want to veg out in front of the television or your computer. Dip on!!!!
Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, and Anchovy Dip
A creamy, tangy dip made with sour cream, cream cheese, and anchovies that goes well with chips, crisps, and cut veggies.
- 1 cup (250-gram block) cream cheese at room temperature - slice into large cubes
- 1 cup (250 grams) sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped anchovy
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon capers chopped coarsely
- ⅛ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon Maggi seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
In the mixing bowl of the electric mixer, put in the cream cheese.
In the slowest speed, start to beat the cheese until it is light and fluffy; about 5 minutes.
Slowly blend in the sour cream.
When blended, add the anchovy, spring onions, capers, salt, pepper, Maggi seasoning, and Tabasco sauce.
Blend for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Taste and adjust to your taste.
Chill for about 2 hours and use as dip.